Thursday 17 May 2007

Gaffes

Well I can't believe it. I came on this morning and raced through a comment on a programme I had watched last night (and I am racing now between tea-time and bed-time for a 7 year old - why am I always racing? Feeling so tired I meet myself coming back?). So this morning then. Between burnt toast and school-run and the arrival of Reflexologist (one monthly luxury I would no way be without) I posted a short piece - my first - and didn't check it. Mistake - big mistake - I feel like waving those 'Pretty Woman' bags at myself as I say this because it was a pretty woman moment. I gaffed. Carrie Bradshaw would roll off the bed in hysterics - I wrote 'their' instead of 'there' and when talking about Tom forgot to end his 'brackets' and left them strung out till the end of the sentence. Worst thing is, I don't know how to edit a posting - or even whether you can. So it will stay there, forever pink, forever wrong, and forever I will see Carrie laughing, saying I am a lesser writer than she. Well I've learnt something from my 'Learning' posting - I will read before posting in future. See ya.
(quick update - dashing as usual - daughter off school sick, the big red bowl is being yelled for - i learnt to edit and i did it. so my big 'pretty woman' moment is not as devastating as first thought. hoorah. now off i go before it's too late).

No comments: